Monday, May 24, 2010

New Swingset....FINALLY

Finally - after months of waiting and FINALLY having a level ground in the backyard, Connor's swingset was assembled today.  Mommy was secretly crossing her fingers so that there were no issues and it could be built.  It worked!  We came home to a brand new place to play.  Unfortunately, today was also an Early Intervention Day.  So I waited before showing Connor his swingset.  And waited.  And waited.  No EI lady.  Finally, a little after 4 I made the executive decision that she wasn't coming and showed Connor the swingset.  He acted like it had been there the entire time... like "Oh yeah.. my swingset...I forgot about that."  Just as Connor was settling in to his new toy, the EI lady called and said she was running late and she could show up at 4:30 if I wanted her to.  Um... I know my sons speech is important, but I'm not taking him away from a brand new giant swingset, so I didn't call back.  He has group tomorrow, so it's not like he's going without any services this week.  Besides, swinging is good OT!  :)  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Excellent executive decision. Just being a kid is really important sometimes, even if EI has to wait. And, you're right, it IS good OT! The swingset looks awesome- we have to get down there to play. I miss coming to Chez Estee all the time!!!