Monday, April 9, 2012

Aquarium

It's been a little hectic around here getting ready for Baby Estee to make her appearance, so blogging has been put on the back burner.  But this past weekend was Easter, so I figured I should update!

Since I had Good Friday off, I decided that I should spent a little quality time with my only child before he's no longer an only child.  We headed off to the New England Aquarium for a morning of exploring all the sea has to offer.  It had been over a year since Connor had been.  I don't think he remembered going last time, so this was all new to him!  Since we'd been last, they've added a new touch tank.  It's a shallow tank with baby sharks and sting rays.  You stick your hand in and they swim up so you can touch them.  Connor wasn't thrilled about the idea of getting his hands wet, so he passed on this, but I had no problem rolling up my sleeve to touch a shark and ray (both slimy!).

By far, Connor's favorite was Myrtle (the giant turtle).  We had talked about her before we went, and when he saw her he was in awe.  He had to stop by every window on the way up to the top to see her.  Once we got to the top of the tank he was able to watch her eat some lettuce and broccoli, which he thought was very funny.  I would like to personally thank Myrtle for inspiring Connor to ask for (and eat) broccoli the next day!

Around noon, Connor was running out of steam, so we had some lunch and headed home.  We hope to do more trips like that over vacation!



No comments: