Saturday, September 27, 2008

Twizzlers, Cookies, and Bailey!

This afternoon I was very busy making a "trial run" version of Connor's birthday cake. It required different types of candy for the legs, mouth, and spots of Miss Spider. After I was finished, I snagged a twizzler for a snack. Connor saw this and quickly made his way across the living room, held onto my leg for support, and yanked the twizzler right out of my hand (of course, I let him... you would, too.. it was SO cute!). Now, I'm not one to advocate candy for a not-quite-one-year-old, but I figured a little taste while I took some pictures wouldn't hurt him (and after all, he'll be having a birthday cake next weekend!). Bailey hopped up on the couch next to him, hoping for an easy treat, but no such luck!



Well, of course Connor was mad when I took the Twizzlers away after I was done taking pictures, so I gave him an Arrowroot cookie and put him on the floor. He was very happy! Bailey was right next to him and couldn't have wanted that cookie more. Of course, being eye to eye, Bailey was hoping to steal the cookie, but I was right next to them the whole time, so his plan was foiled. But, after Connor was finished, the cookie remains fell to the ground and Bailey finally got his treat. Seriously, these two are too cute together!



1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Bounce would say... mmmm.... I love cake! Looks like your little guys had a great time with your practice cake! Can't wait to see the real thing!