Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Weather and a New Camera

This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous, which allowed for many photo opportunities - especially since I finally bought my new SLR camera. I've been playing around with different settings, but I have a very long way to go. My subjects are very photogenic, however, and allow me to snap picture after picture with no complaints.

Saturday Connor spent the afternoon walking on Castle Island with Mom and her friend, Jenn. It was jam packed, and thankfully my sister-in-law called a few hours before I went and warned me the cops were turning people away due to lack of parking. Luckily, Jenn lives just a few blocks away, so we parked there and walked down. It was beautiful, and I was very thankful that we were able to get out and enjoy this weather. Connor loves to go for walks, so he was all for it. We didn't tell Bailey where we were going - he loves Castle Island and would be sad. It's too hard to push a stroller and control a very excited pug at the same time. Plus, the mile plus walk in that heat would have made him very uncomfortable. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures - I did have my camera, but never took it out.

Sunday we were able to play in the backyard, with Connor's new sandbox. Let me say, SOMEBODY loved it! Digging was a favorite, followed by eating the sand a close second. We then came inside and enjoyed a yummy fruit slushy. Later in the day, Auntie Heather came down to visit since she and Daddy were going to "Backlash" in Providence (wrestling for all those not up on their wrestling terms. I envy you). She had time to play with Connor, and he had a blast.

It was very hot on Sunday, which Connor is not used to, so there were some moments of grumpiness, but I can't say I blame the guy. Didn't we just have the heat on and now it's 80? I'm not complaining, but a few 70 degree days would have been nice to ease into this. I still had all my sweaters in my closet! Luckily, we pulled some shorts out for Connor. They were a little big, though, so he did his best impression of Grampy's Benny Hill impression. It was a great weekend, hopefully we'll have more like it!


Yes, BAILEY was the somebody who enjoyed the sandbox. He absolutely loved it! Who knew!

King of the mountain, I'd say!
Enjoying a yummy popsicle.
Having a blast with Auntie Heather.

Benny Hill!

1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Sounds like a great (but hot) weekend! Sometime soon we will all have to go to Castle Island- I'll just get Jenn to push one of my strollers :) Have fun with the new camera- I can already see the difference in the pictures!