Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Boy, a Girl, a Pen, and a Dog

On Sunday, Paige came down with Mimi and Papa to visit.  Connor was VERY excited to see his cousin and they had a great time playing.  Paige is very good with him and is great about playing with little kid toys.  She even helped Mimi and I give Connor a MUCH needed haircut.  Afterward, Paige suckered asked Papa to get them McDonald's, and they had a great time eating french fries together.  I think the dog enjoyed it, too!
















As we were playing, Connor got to use some of Paige's new scented markers.  He decided he was going to write January and sign the paper.  I knew he could spell January, but actually writing the word down is another thing!  I was amazed.  Then he signed his name like he'd been writing for years, complete with speed and loops!  Pretty soon I think I'll let him update the blog - it'll be a break for me and good practice for him!














Last night when Connor and I were reading a story before bed, Bailey comes into the room and hops up on Connor's bed.  He normally doesn't do this, and I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact that Connor is feeling under the weather, or if he's happy he can still jump on a bed in his old age.  In any case, we watched him get comfortable - using Connor's stuffed pug as a pillow.  A pug on a pug!  He sat there and watched/listened as we finished reading.  When Connor got into bed he stayed put, so Mom had to get a few pictures!  My two adorable boys!


1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I LOVE that he already has his own signature- so funny! He is a pretty talented little guy!