Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sweet Baby James

My sweet, beautiful nephew, Eric James Bouvier, was born on October 23, 2012 to my brother, Nate, and his fiance, Erica.  In what is quickly becoming a grand tradition in my family, they are going to call him by his middle name, James.  Both names have quite a significant meaning.  James was the name of our grandfather (my Dad's father), and he passed away when I was in high school.  Known as Pop, he and my brother had a very special relationship.  My brother's morning paper route ended at a house behind Pop's.  Every day they would have breakfast together in the early morning hours.  It was a special time for both of them, and it was devastating when he died.  My Uncle Eric (my Dad's brother), passed away less than a year after Pop. He was way too young, and it was heartbreaking for my family.  Eric was also Nate's Godfather.  It was very difficult for my family to have two great losses within a short period of time.  Apparently my brother has been holding on to these names since then, patiently waiting for the day he could name his son after these two great men.  We are all very proud!

As a very happy Auntie, it was painful to wait a week and a half before I got to meet him.  Seeing pictures is great, but I wanted to meet him in person.  He's an itty bitty thing, and he curls right up into a ball.  I know Maeve was that small just a few months ago, but she's a tank compared to him, and it was so nice to hold a teeny tiny baby once more.  It just melts my heart!  He's got a lot of hair -way more than my 6 month-old- and is full of grunts and squeaks.  I can definitely say I'm a very proud Auntie!

Connor thought the world of his new baby cousin, and wanted to kiss his head and hug him.  Maeve was completely fascinated by him as well.  Whenever he would cry, she would just stare at him as if to say "What's the matter?  Why are you making all that noise?".  It was definitely very cute!

We wish Erica and Nate the best as they settle in with their new bundle of joy.  We can't wait to see everyone again at Christmas.  Yikes - it's right around the corner!

Grampy with his three grandchildren.  

Uncle Andy holding James.

James with his eyes open!

Mommy and her peeps. 

Sweet baby James and Auntie. 



1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Congrats to everyone! Love the picture of your dad with the three kids. James is gorgeous, and I love the story of his name. Pretty fortuitous that your brother liked the name Eric and James' mom is Erica! It was meant to be!