Friday, November 1, 2013

Field Trip

Backtracking a bit, I wanted to post a little bit about Connor's very first field trip!  The entire Kindergarten at his school went to the Roger William's Zoo in Rhode Island.  I volunteered to be a chaperone, and let me tell you- all of those kids on the bus was insane!  Since I work in a school, I've been on many trips before in my life, but they're with middle school kids.  They most often keep to themselves, perhaps sing, but they aren't bad on a bus.  The kindergarten kids were LOUD.  Once we were close to the zoo, they started chanting. It was cute at first, but then they wouldn't stop.  I took a video, but just recorded the back of the seat so I wasn't recording other people's kids (I didn't want to be that creepy Mom).  It's not like I could get a video of my own child, since he didn't even sit with me...

The kids had a great time at the zoo, but it was a FAST trip.  By the time we got the bus loaded and drove to Rhode Island, we only had about an hour and a half at the zoo before we were told to meet back at the buses for lunch.  It actually worked out fine because my group did not have the longest attention span, so a quick look at the animals was all they needed.





No comments: